Friday, May 6, 2011

Goodbye Gypsy, Hello Fishmonger

So this year my time spent at the Ren Faire will be a little different.  For six summers now I have worked seasonal staff on the swing shift.  My days have been spent running around, helping everyone out as the slightly crazy, half English Gypsy Pandora.  For my seventh season I decided it was time for something a little different.  That’s how I wound up auditioning for the volunteer cast back in February.  And after nearly having a heart attack during the actual audition (the Gods only know why) I officially made cast (duh, it’s not like I’ve been doing this for six years or anything).

Now after many long years I must set aside the gypsy to become someone new.  Just last week I found out who my new alter ego will be.  I'm thrilled.  If I have to say goodbye to the gypsy (who is, by the way, in Europe trying to take over Romania) I can think of no better person to move on to.

Thus do I introduce Barbara Norris, Fishmonger.  Don't know much about her yet.  She was born just outside of Billingsgate Market in London in 1540.  She's very good at catching things (fish and otherwise).  Beyond that she is a mystery to me.  I think she's a sweet heart but I suspect that you should keep your eyes on her- she might do something a little crazy at the drop of a hat.  I suppose we will have to wait and see. 

Just be sure to stop by the Faire in August and say hello.  She'll be the one running around with the fish.

Suspecting there is still a little bit of mischievous gypsy in there,

Pandora

No comments:

Post a Comment